San Antonio Heights Community Church
We are a close family of believers dedicated to the mandate given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to "go and make disciples," Matthew 28:19. We accomplish this through Worship, Instruction, Fellowship, Evangelism and Service (WIFES).
We hope you will come visit us soon.
The origins of our church stretch back to 1895. That was the year a Sunday School for children in the community began meeting from house to house. Sermons from various ministers in the area were given after Sunday School.
The need for a permanent place of worship became increasingly apparent. Because many denominations were represented in the early days, the name Bethany Union Congregation Community Church of San Antonio Heights was adopted in the fall of 1915, the year the church was officially formed. The first building (what is now the Romanian Orthodox Church, just down the hill from our current location) was dedicated on June 11, 1916. The first official, full-time minister of the Bethany Union Congregation came in 1946.
In 1958 Bethany Union Congregation Community Church Of San Antonio Heights became First Baptist Church of San Antonio Heights (American Baptist). In the early 1960's, new property was acquired just up the hill and a new sanctuary and classrooms were built and dedicated in 1965. In 2001 we changed our name once again to San Antonio Heights Community Church, and in 2007 we changed our denominational affiliation to Conservative Baptist.